Thread: Anyone else just Love MInt/Debian/ or Ubuntu?

Beans

Anyone else just Love MInt/Debian/ or Ubuntu?

After going to windows for a program, only they could run
    (not the case any more) I'm back.
    1st tried Debian I couldn't get it to work at all, the install crashed on me, then wouldn't run my keyboard, I couldn’t tab to finish the install.
    2nd try the program couldn't run my WIFI or my Ethernet maybe its proprietary I don't know.
    I really don't care its proprietary, I need one to work, to finish the install, now I'm dead in the water. The only thing I had was a useless command prompt what a joke.
    The website is confusing to say the least and it's too bad, because they have a nice product.
    I had Ubuntu before, so wanted something different, this time I went with mint.
    Wow it found all my hardware drivers everything. Now was time to get things like Java ect working, Oh wow, already installed and working, they just saved me hours of wasted time.
    That makes so much more sense to me, If you don't want it delete it, it's so easy, much easier then trying to find and install it. Besides there are plenty of striped down versions of Linux out there.

Beans

Re: Anyone else just Love MInt/Debian/ or Ubuntu?

Linux is love, linux is life

Beans

I've always found it easier to use a wired connection when installing any Linux Distro.
    It has always worked best for my installs and once up and running I could then install what ever other drivers were needed.

Computer Life is good because of Linux.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I do love it. I like all versions of Linux, my favorite is Arch. But I have had stability issues recently so I went back to Kubuntu and haven't felt the need to change back. It works with everything out of the box without any tinkering.

Mint just works.
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.

PaulW2U is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Habitual View Post
    Mint just works.
    I've never tried Mint because for me *buntu "just works", that is every flavour that I've installed on my current hardware has installed without problems although that wasn't the case with some older hardware that I no longer have.

I'm currently using Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Xubuntu on various laptops but I'm sticking with *buntu as I like being part of the Ubuntu community. Posting on these forums is just a part of my contributions to the Ubuntu project and my use of a Linux distribution.
    Last edited by PaulW2U; February 24th, 2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Grammar corrected

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by poorguy View Post
    I've always found it easier to use a wired connection when installing any Linux Distro.
    It has always worked best for my installs and once up and running I could then install what ever other drivers were needed.

Computer Life is good because of Linux.
    Yep, that's written right on the Debian Installation page.

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstall

"If your wireless network card is not recognized by the installer you might consider doing the installation using a wired (ethernet cable) connection or installing using a different network card. In any case it may be preferable to install with a wired connection for bandwidth reasons or simply to defer wireless setup until after the initial installation".

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by christiaan3 View Post
    Linux is love, linux is life
    Not sure about that, but it is the most used OS in the world now.