Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamlinux Talk

rattlerviper Guest

Re: NEW: Dreamlinux 2.0 WORKS Edition 625 MB & Dreamlinux 2.0 XGL ( Experimental )

Quote Originally Posted by loell View Post
    They have an english section in their forum
    Indeed there is, but it is very small and without much activity.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

What do you think of DreamLinux?

OK...i have recently heard of a linux distro called DreamLinux...i did some research and really liked the look of it...it also met my opensource and free standards...i was just wandering if anyone has tried it and what they think of it because i might install it on one of my desktops...currently i have ubuntu running on it but it is acting up when mounting the root filesystem...anyway i have xgl and everything running perfect on it and i am not sure if i want to switch it. Thanks for your input

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: What do you think of DreamLinux?

that looks really cool. I wonder what would happen if you switched its repositories to ubuntus? mmm hybrid linux!
    Knowledge is half the battle.
    The other half is violence!

Beans

Re: What do you think of DreamLinux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

***Dreamlinux Tech Talk***

Dreamlinux is a distro I have recently checked out online, It LOOKS very pollishedand well done, it has embedded codecs and an option to use either the xfce pannel or engage which is great, but I'd like to hear some reviews on how it actually performs, please avoid at all costs starting a holy war on this thread it is simply a discussion, we all love ubuntu but its not the only distro out there, might as well take a look around.

Thanks in advance.
    Love running state of the art for free rather than a bad kde copy for hundreds, ONCE YOU GO PENGUIN NEVER WINDOWS AGAIN!

rattlerviper Guest

Re: DreamLinux

DreamLinux reviewed...WOW! It's great! If I wasn't using Ubuntu, I would be using DreamLinux. It is fast, pretty, and ready to go out of the box. It to is based on Debian, so most experiences you have here can be transfered over. On the other hand if you have a Atheros wifi card it won't just work. If you speak English you will find it difficult to find information on how to fix anything you need to fix. Yes they have a English section to thier forums, but it is not very active when compared to Ubuntu(or for that matter most other distros. You could alvays use a online translator to translate the forums for you, but it's not something I have tried.
    In my opinion DreamLinux is absolutly nothing short of amazing. I honestly can't find another distro that looks as good to my eyes.

Beans

i can't seem to find the option to switch to engage instead of xfce. where is that option?
    Workers of the world unite! Do not go unheard!! soviet-empire.com

Beans
    Distro

If your only running off the live CD there is no option to switch to engage, once you install to the HD it's in the menu at the top left under settings it says "Enable Dock" or something like that, if you'd like to chance to it on the live CD open a terminal and type engage, then get rid of the bottom XFCE panel that will still be on top of the engage one
    Love running state of the art for free rather than a bad kde copy for hundreds, ONCE YOU GO PENGUIN NEVER WINDOWS AGAIN!

Beans

why are all the good options only available if you install it to a hd?
    Workers of the world unite! Do not go unheard!! soviet-empire.com

Beans
    Distro

I guess FOSS developers have to learn something from M$, can you think of a better way to get you to actually install it than holding back the good stuff?

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast