Quote Originally Posted by incurablegeek View Post
Just did so. Btw, so that you fellows do not feel your contributions are in vain, I make it a habit to copy every post from every thread I start.

Much appreciate all of you.
I hate to tell you this, but it is not easy to help you or have a conversation with you. I, along with several other people, have asked you several simple, clear and direct questions, but you ignore them and go on to something else instead.

This forum works in two directions. Certainly, you may ask questions, but then, when you are questioned, you have to answer.

There are several unresolved questions in this thread. For example, what partions you needed to change and why? what was the problem with the libreoffice you had installed and what were you trying to accomplish by installing from downloaded deb files?

These are just a few off the top of my head. there are others.

In order to help you, we need more information, especially as you are new. You may be asking the wrong question, but we can't figure out what the right question is until we have more information.

As far as the world of Linux forums goes, this one is extremely liberal and easy going. In other forums, your initial posts, or your first or second follow up posts would be uniformly ignored -- or flamed. Here, we take the time to ask questions so we can help you. Please answer them in the future.

And finally, please stop changing the subject so much. A little back and forth is OK, and sometimes minor problems do arise and get handled as tangents to a thread. But generally speaking, you should keep a single thread on a single subject. You started this thread about gparted, but we've got two major tangents that I can recall off the top of my head: Passwords and now LibreOffice! Both of those were major enough to warrant their own thread.

There is nothing wrong with mentioning things in passing, but you hijacked your own thread twice!