Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cannot access server outside home network despite having opened ports 80 and 22

Beans

Re: Cannot access server outside home network despite having opened ports 80 and 22

@matt_symes @MAFoElffen @darkod It was the ISP! I called my service provider and asked them allow port 80 and 22 for that specific (server) IP address and they did it! Now I am able to access my server using its public IP outside my home network. I cannot thank you all enough for helping me with this! You all took your time to help me and I really don't know how to repay that kindness. If not for you all, I would have stuck with this problem for at least two more weeks. Thank you so much!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Cannot access server outside home network despite having opened ports 80 and 22

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by kaarthik2 View Post
    @matt_symes @MAFoElffen @darkod It was the ISP! I called my service provider and asked them allow port 80 and 22 for that specific (server) IP address and they did it! Now I am able to access my server using its public IP outside my home network. I cannot thank you all enough for helping me with this! You all took your time to help me and I really don't know how to repay that kindness. If not for you all, I would have stuck with this problem for at least two more weeks. Thank you so much!
    Excellent I'm glad you got it fixed.

The easiest way to thank us is to mark this thread as SOLVED using the thread tools menu just above post #1.

It'll help others looking for a similar solution.

Kind regards
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123