Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terminal question

Beans

Terminal question

I just posted a question (my first post) regarding the use of the terminal and received an immediate reply but now I can not find the post. It was that I could not see my password when typing it and was informed that there was no "echo". I replied erroneously that I could not proceed after that but now I see that I can. I was trying to install Solaar and did that successfully. My question is " where did the post go?" It just disappeared. I am brand new to this forum as well as Linux but am learning fast.

I just searched "Find all my posts" and "Find all my threads" and that post as well as this post are not found.
    Last edited by ozo2; January 25th, 2016 at 05:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Terminal question

Thread moved to FF&H
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans

The above is your only post to these forums so far.

Are you sure it wasn't elsewhere, eg launchpad or askubuntu that you posted your question ?

Anyway, from the Quicklinks bear the top of the page, select "Find all my threads" or "Find all my Posts" or click on your name in any post and select "View Forum Posts"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matt_symes View Post
    Thread moved to FF&H
    Ok, i'll bite. What is FF&H?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ozo2 View Post
    Ok, i'll bite. What is FF&H?
    The forum that this thread now resides within.. Forum Feedback & Help

Beans

Ok, got it. I will try to post in the correct place in the future.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Terminal question

Quote Originally Posted by howefield View Post
    The above is your only post to these forums so far.

Are you sure it wasn't elsewhere, eg launchpad or askubuntu that you posted your question ?

Anyway, from the Quicklinks bear the top of the page, select "Find all my threads" or "Find all my Posts" or click on your name in any post and select "View Forum Posts"
    I tried "Find all my threads" and "Find all my posts" but even this thread is not listed. I would assume that it is because I have not submitted the minimum posts yet. Not to worry, I am sure I will accomplish that soon as this is obviously the correct forum for Linux. I am amazed at the rapid response and from multiple entities. I submitted very simple questions to Linux Mint and received absolutely zero responses and solved them myself finally.

Beans

It is nothing to do with minimum posts, try something else, click on your username at the top of the page (between the Welcome and Notifications links) and from there, View Activity.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by howefield View Post
    It is nothing to do with minimum posts, try something else, click on your username at the top of the page (between the Welcome and Notifications links) and from there, View Activity.
    Post and threads now appear as they should when I just searched. Unknown why they were not there before.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ozo2 View Post
    Post and threads now appear as they should when I just searched. Unknown why they were not there before.
    Thought you were a fast learner ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast