Thread: Darktable Scrolling ?

Beans

Angry Darktable Scrolling ?

Installed a few days ago and was looking forward to using Darktable but when I load a folder of photos I can't scroll though them. I can't see anyway to do this no arrows and only scrollbar I see is in the filters sidebar. I have to reduce the size of the thumbnails in the viewer to get at some more image but I can't reduce them enough to see all of them. I've just shot 50 or so images and I wanted to go though each one editing in the darkroom but can't. Am I missing something here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Darktable Scrolling ?

Old post but unanswered so I'll have a go.

I'm assuming you're talking about the lighttable mode, where you're looking at the thumbnails. Scrolling the mouse wheel changes the zoom, about 200 thumbnails should fit in the view. Then you can 'grab' the view with your left mouse button to move it around to view more images. When zoomed into a single image, right/left arrow on the keyboard changes the view to next/previous image.

On the bottom bar you can change the view between zoomable light table or file manager; in file manager view mouse wheel / up and down arrow keys scroll the entire thumbnail view.

In darkroom mode, thumbnails of other images in the same collection appear as a film strip on the bottom of the screen. This can be scrolled with the mouse wheel. Double click selects an image to be opened in the main view.