Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Code:
     An error occurred while installing the database:                                                               │ │                                                                                                                │
     │ ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    Get this when trying to install phpmyadmin im 100% certain im using the right password.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YE

Hi jakr2
    Install phpMyAdmin

Have you set-up a password?
    This error pops-up when the password has not been set-up..
    You should change your root password after installation if you have not..
    Code:
    mysqladmin -u root password [newpassword]

Or you can change your password via
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.5(Or your version)
    Which will change the root password.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YE

Code:
    # mysqladmin -u root password *****mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'
    I can do sudo dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.5
    And it works fine and lets me install phpmyadmin but when I go to mydomain.com/phpmyadmin
    Code:
    Not Found
    The requested URL /phpmyadmin was not found on this server.
    I have Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

Edit: When I go to my domain/phpmyadmin it just downloads a file instead of showing me a login page. I've tried mainly every fix ive found for that problem and none has worked.
    Last edited by jakr2; January 9th, 2016 at 05:53 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jakr2 View Post
    Code:
    # mysqladmin -u root password *****mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'
    I can do sudo dpkg-reconfigure mysql-server-5.5
    And it works fine and lets me install phpmyadmin but when I go to mydomain.com/phpmyadmin
    Code:
    Not Found
    The requested URL /phpmyadmin was not found on this server.
    I have Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

Edit: When I go to my domain/phpmyadmin it just downloads a file instead of showing me a login page. I've tried mainly every fix ive found for that problem and none has worked.
    That can happen if a config file is left over from a previous phpMyAdmin installation.
    What is the output of this command:
    Code:
    ls /etc/apache2/conf.d/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Code:
    ls /etc/apache2/conf.d/
    ls: cannot access /etc/apache2/conf.d/: No such file or directory

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi I have some folks here for about 20 minutes, But in the meantime have a look here.
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/36545...f-d-no-such-fi
    I will be right back to check on you Sorry for the slight delay..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by runrickus View Post
    Hi I have some folks here for about 20 minutes, But in the meantime have a look here.
    I will be right back to check on you Sorry for the slight delay..
    I dont get that error my apache works fine. And thats fine, thanks for the help.

Beans
    Hidden!

Code:
    ls /etc/apache2/conf.d/
    ls: cannot access /etc/apache2/conf.d/: No such file or directory
    That link was for the above "cannot access /etc/apache2/conf.d/: No such file or directory"

I dont get that error my apache works fine. And thats fine, thanks for the help.
    So is that error still present?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I dont get this error which you linked me to
    Code:
    * Starting web server apache2 * The apache2 configtest failed.
    Output of config test was:
    apache2: Syntax error on line 263 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/conf.d/: No such file or directory
    Action 'configtest' failed.
    My apache works fine, just phpmyadmin if I go to mydomain.com/phpmyadmin it now just downloads a file.

Beans

When you installed mysql, did you create a root password? The password for mysql is not the same as the root user password. Well, it can be but you need to set it up.

apache2: Syntax error on line 263 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/conf.d/: No such file or directory
    Did you check to see what line 263 is in that file? Is there an /etc/apache2/conf.d file?

if I go to mydomain.com/phpmyadmin it now just downloads a file
    Either php is not installed or it is not configured properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast