Thread: pcsx2 install problems

Beans

pcsx2 install problems

Hey,
    I'm having an extremely similar problem to this thread- http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=230267 when trying to install pcsx2 (I am also running 64 bit 14.04).
    I installed the official ppa, all went well, but when I try apt-get install pcsx2 I get this
    Code:
     The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     unity-control-center : Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is not going to be installed
                            Depends: libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
    I tried apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and apt-get dist-upgrade in this order and everything went well once again, but I still receive this error message when trying to install. I tried apt-get install libcheese-gtk23 libcheese7, it worked but I already had the newest versions (why is a webcam tool a dependency for an emulator anyway?). I tried to install pcsx2 again but got the same error. When trying to install with synaptic it wants me to remove 20+ packages so I didn't go through with that.

Any ideas? thanks
    Last edited by oldmacaroni; December 4th, 2015 at 10:04 AM.