Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Does this mean some error ? How to fix ??

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Beans
    132

    Does this mean some error ? How to fix ??


  2. #2

    Re: Does this mean some error ? How to fix ??

    It's not an error in FreeBSD.
    It means you have to enter the username followed by the correct username password, for the FreeBSD system.
    Did you install FreeBSD?

    How to fix is subjective. From a FreeBSD perspective there doesn't seem to be any fixing necessary.
    What would you like "fixed"?
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Beans
    132

    Re: Does this mean some error ? How to fix ??

    Did, but the script owner says, this means some error in hardware.

    He said,
    "Thats is the problem with the system have issue and was reported error in your MFI0 will not able to use the software
    Normally is issue with your hardware or maybe can be hardware incompatibility. Check,
    https://www.freebsd.org/releases/10.1R/hardware.html"

    How do I know my server Dell 2950 is compatible or incompatible for FreeBSD ??

    I cant believe this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Habitual View Post
    It's not an error in FreeBSD.
    It means you have to enter the username followed by the correct username password, for the FreeBSD system.
    Did you install FreeBSD?

    How to fix is subjective. From a FreeBSD perspective there doesn't seem to be any fixing necessary.
    What would you like "fixed"?

    I think I need the upgrade the drivers or something, as thats what I read from google.

    How to upgrade the firmware or drivers doe the RAID or DRAC ?

    Also, I think need to upgrade BIOS.
    So, how do I upgrade those things now ??

    I have bought 2 Dell 2950 refurbished servers and need to install FreeBSD to it.

    But its showing some mce0 error or something.
    I think I need to upgrade BIOS and DRAC both.

    How to do it and whats the download link ?
    Last edited by howefield; November 29th, 2015 at 12:06 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Hills CA
    Beans
    10,047
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Does this mean some error ? How to fix ??

    You can generally upgrade the BIOS and RAID BIOS for PowerEdge servers by downloading a CD image from Dell, burning it correctly, and booting from it. Then follow the instructions carefully. PowerEdge servers are generally compatible with Linux, but BSD is Unix, not Linux, a different operating system. Why are you posting in an Ubuntu Linux forum?

    A quick web search shows that there is some problem with Dell PERC raid cards and the mfi driver that is used: http://engineering.wayfair.com/2012/...e-12g-servers/

    Since your error shows mfi0, I presume that the error is coming from this driver. Don't know how to fix, other than building a new driver from the latest source. Look on the freebsd forums.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

    Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

  5. #5

    Re: Does this mean some error ? How to fix ??

    Wow. I so missed that one.
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Hills CA
    Beans
    10,047
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: How to upgrade BIOS or DRAC of a server with latest firmware ?

    http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...e-2950/drivers

    Download the files, burn a CD, boot from it, follow the instructions.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

    Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    uk
    Beans
    9,299
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Does this mean some error ? How to fix ??

    I've merged your two threads and moved them to the BSD subforum.
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

    Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Beans
    132

    Re: Does this mean some error ? How to fix ??

    Quote Originally Posted by tgalati4 View Post
    You can generally upgrade the BIOS and RAID BIOS for PowerEdge servers by downloading a CD image from Dell, burning it correctly, and booting from it. Then follow the instructions carefully. PowerEdge servers are generally compatible with Linux, but BSD is Unix, not Linux, a different operating system. Why are you posting in an Ubuntu Linux forum?

    A quick web search shows that there is some problem with Dell PERC raid cards and the mfi driver that is used: http://engineering.wayfair.com/2012/...e-12g-servers/

    Since your error shows mfi0, I presume that the error is coming from this driver. Don't know how to fix, other than building a new driver from the latest source. Look on the freebsd forums.
    Is there a FreeBSD sub forum here ?
    So, basically Im not alone

    Quote Originally Posted by tgalati4 View Post
    You can generally upgrade the BIOS and RAID BIOS for PowerEdge servers by downloading a CD image from Dell, burning it correctly, and booting from it. Then follow the instructions carefully. PowerEdge servers are generally compatible with Linux, but BSD is Unix, not Linux, a different operating system. Why are you posting in an Ubuntu Linux forum?

    A quick web search shows that there is some problem with Dell PERC raid cards and the mfi driver that is used: http://engineering.wayfair.com/2012/...e-12g-servers/

    Since your error shows mfi0, I presume that the error is coming from this driver. Don't know how to fix, other than building a new driver from the latest source. Look on the freebsd forums.
    Is there a FreeBSD sub forum here ?
    So, basically Im not alone

    Quote Originally Posted by tgalati4 View Post
    http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...e-2950/drivers

    Download the files, burn a CD, boot from it, follow the instructions.

    I see one exe file for BIOS.
    Apart from that, what else to download ?

    And download those exe files and make a bootable drive ?
    But how does that help ?

    The multiple files bootable, Im confused.
    Last edited by howefield; November 29th, 2015 at 12:06 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •