Thread: Ubuntu fails to draw application windows

Beans

Ubuntu fails to draw application windows

I have a Dell M380 laptop which came with Ubuntu 14.04 preinstalled.

Recently, I've been experiencing a problem with application windows failing to draw properly, as shown in the below screenshot of a "block contact" window from Skype. The expected output is that it would render correctly.

http://i.imgur.com/CcGeE0b.png

This is not unique to Skype. It happens sporadically for all manner of windows.

Near as I can tell, everything else is working just fine, with the exception of sporadic problems with suspending the system (although I believe that's related to the wireless device, rather than anything related to video).

The current output from my Xorg.0.log can be found here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/13294627/

The output from lspci for my video devices (at least all of those that seem relevant) is:

VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0416] (rev 06)
    3D controller [0302]: NVIDIA Corporation GK107GLM [Quadro K1100M] [10de:0ff6] (rev ff)

Any suggestions, further debugging instructions, etc are welcome.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu fails to draw application windows

OK, so, when I mentioned that I was having problems suspending, but it was unrelated, I was WRONG.

I can consistently reproduce this problem by suspending my system, and then trying to open up any child window of a program. By this I mean:

1) Open Skype
    2) Try to block a contact
    3) Popup window fails to draw

Again, this happens with all programs, I am simply using Skype as an example.

Any ideas?