Thread: Amd ati radeon hd 2400 pro problem

Beans

Unhappy Amd ati radeon hd 2400 pro problem

So about a week ago i installed ubuntu on my pc but i realized that the drivers were not working. I searched all over the internet and i found that i had to install the amd legacy drivers . I installed them but nothing changed ... I tried also the repository of makson96 but it didn't work either.
    Can you help me ? I am stuck with the resolution of 1280x768 and I cannot change to 1366x768. Do you have any alternative ?
    Last edited by antolbestg4; November 14th, 2015 at 12:41 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Amd ati radeon hd 2400 pro problem

Please edit your post and remove the all-caps or I will remove it from public view and allow you to post again. That is considered to be shouting and is rude on a web forum.

There is no proprietary AMD driver for your GPU. AMD dropped Linux support for it years ago and there is no way to use an AMD driver with any release of Ubuntu after 12.04.1. You will need to uninstall any proprietary driver you attempted to install and use the default open source driver installed with Ubuntu.

I have no experience with the makson PPA other than recommending very strongly against its use several years ago. So I can't help you with regard to how to uninstall anything from it.
    Last edited by QIII; November 13th, 2015 at 09:50 PM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

I removed the all caps. Nice pic by the way.

Beans

but i realized that the drivers were not working
    How did you come to this conclusion? Post or pastebin your /var/log/Xorg.0.log

I am stuck with the resolution of 1280x768 and I cannot change to 1366x768
    Was that before or after you tried the PPA?