Thread: Re: drbl live (clonezilla server edition) issue

Beans

Re: drbl live (clonezilla server edition) issue

hi guys, I am nowhere near as a linux guru, so if you could explain something in details, that'd be greatly appreciated.

i am trying to use clonezilla server edition (drbl live) to roll out 50 PC setup, it's windows 7. The problem I am having here is clonzilla doesn't see my external drives. When I am in x-windows and run Clonezilla server, it would ask where the image would be saved to/read from, every time I choose "local dev", a directory would come up but that's not my external drive directory, it's the directory of whatever is loaded on the memory I believe. Then I chose to manually mounted my external drive as /home/partimag, then "successfully" made a image of the master PC (well, I can see 18.7GB on the external drive and the message said finished saving blah blah, that made me feel it's successful). However, when I trid to restore the image to the rest of the machines, this mounting problem showed up again, then I chose to manually mount my external drive again and launch the restore, then clonezilla refused to see the image on my external hard drive and keeps saying no disk image is found.

i have spent the last 2 days trying to get a solution for this and no avail. Some articles said there is space in the label of the external drive, there was, but then after i removed it, problem still doesnt go away.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I am using drbl live stable 2.4.2-10
    Last edited by howefield; November 13th, 2015 at 11:12 AM.

Beans

Re: drbl live (clonezilla server edition) issue

Thread moved to the "Any Other OS" forum.