Thread: Install CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 on wine?

Beans

Install CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 on wine?

Does anyone know how to install CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 on wine?
    I use the program everyday and it would be useful to not have to switch between computers/operating systems or use remote desktop to a Windows computer.

I have tried installing CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 but only got this:
    Screenshot from 2015-11-10 17-29-45.jpg

Second - Fourth try I got this error:
    Screenshot from 2015-11-10 17-34-21.png

And when quitting the CorelDRAW "SetupARP" process (which wasn't quitting by itself) I got this error:
    Screenshot from 2015-11-10 17-35-55.png

Thanks in advance. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Install CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 on wine?

See here. That is a very old version, but you never know your luck. May still work. Have you considered installing Windows as a virtual machine and running it in that?

Have you looked for/considered a Linux alternative?

Beans

Which is a very old version? Wine of CorelDRAW?

Yes, I have considered a virtual machine, but since my computer has less RAM then it is supposed to (only 2GB) because of a RAM card failure, I am not sure it would run that well.

I do am currently learning to use GIMP, but I would appreciate being able to use CorelDRAW until I get more used to GIMP or find something better. The real reason I use CorelDRAW is for its vector capabilities.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Looked at Blender? It's in the repositories.

Beans

I use Blender all the time for video edited and animations. Didn't realize it could edit images though, I'll have to research it. I am learning to use GIMP fairly well, in fact I have been using it to create textures for Minetest, but it's nice to know I can use one program, Blender, for all of it. If you have any good links about editing pictures in Blender that would be great.

Beans

Have you tried Inkscape?

Beans

Yes, I have tried Inkscape. In fact I still have it installed. I don't really like its interface though, and haven't found (or looked for that matter) any easily accessible tutorials on how to use it. If there are some good tutorials available, I would probably try and use it.

Beans

I have been a CorelDraw user since 1992 and I have been using Linux for about 4 years now and I have never been able to install Draw in WINE, it always fails. I have read somewhere that the portable version works but I have not tried that, since I could not find one that wasn't a crack. I quit dual-booting and VirtualBox. Now I run two computers with a KVM switch.