Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Xenial 'Proposed' repo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Xenial 'Proposed' repo

So far, so good. However, I'm pretty sure that pesky law enforcer, Murphy, is lurking nearby.
    Rock Doctor
    Registered Linux user #360200

Beans
    Distro

I use Synaptic. You may have to do :
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    Select Other Software, turn on "Canonical Partners"
    Select Updates, turn off Unsupported updates I have absolutely no idea why "unsupported updates" is the default Ubuntu setting??
    Personal preference, I set Automatically Check for Updates to "Never". I update usually daily on development release like Xenial when I want to, I do not like Automatic Update crashing in on whatever I'm doing, and Automatic Update "Partial Updates" have screwed me many times. I don't do those, I just do:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    works fine for me. Of course, in pre-release software like Xenial expect crashes...then do ubuntu-bug etc. to report problems to Launchpad.
    If you don't want crashes then stay on released Ubuntu's which is Wily or Trusty.LTS

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Greetings,
    I was kind of gung-ho a couple of week ago about running "Proposed" enabled. But what I have right now is so good I think I will coast with it for a bit. Actually, the best I have ever had, and on five year old equipment no less!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rrnbtter View Post
    Greetings,
    I was kind of gung-ho a couple of week ago about running "Proposed" enabled. But what I have right now is so good I think I will coast with it for a bit. Actually, the best I have ever had, and on five year old equipment no less!
    My new box runs on 16.04 better than 14.04.4 even with Kernel 4.2. So... let the good times roll!
    Regards, frank, at http://yantrayoga.typepad.com/noname/
    Homebuilt Lian-Li PC-Q33WB, Intel i7-4790K 4.6GHz, SSDs,32G RAM | Dell Laptop 13.3".
    Oracle VBox w/ WinXP/Win10 running Xara Designer, PaintShopPro, and InDesign CS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by rrnbtter View Post
    Greetings,
    I have one ubuntu-desktop system with proposed enabled and no problems so far but I would expect that somewhere down the road, unless we are familiar with the workings of some of the depends, that it will break.

regards..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123