Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: SuSE vs. Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Re: SuSE vs. Ubuntu

I think that suse appeals to former red hat Linux users, as well. Suse is a great distro, and it's got a lot of professional polish on it, if it weren't for the package managment issues I might very well be using SLED 10.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"- Optimus Prime

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I've recently found a new distro that I think in the future will out due both Ubuntu and SuSE, it's called Dreamlinux

www.dreamlinux.com.br
    Love running state of the art for free rather than a bad kde copy for hundreds, ONCE YOU GO PENGUIN NEVER WINDOWS AGAIN!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by darkenedday View Post
    I've recently found a new distro that I think in the future will out due both Ubuntu and SuSE, it's called Dreamlinux

www.dreamlinux.com.br
    Honestly it is nice but has a way to go...I would say it currently out does SUSE but not even close to Ubuntu:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=231242

Beans
    Distro

I said in the future
    Love running state of the art for free rather than a bad kde copy for hundreds, ONCE YOU GO PENGUIN NEVER WINDOWS AGAIN!

Beans

I said in the future
    out done SUSE...present

the near future for Ubuntu....I agree to a point

They may eventually out do Mac OS X...imagine OS X like distro that is completely open source
    Last edited by RAV TUX; August 9th, 2006 at 01:55 AM.

Beans
    Distro

The only thing that needs work is the english support but that will come as more Enlgish speaking users begin to use it, after that all the peices will fall into place much like it did for ubuntu. I've been thinking though, why not start an Ubuntu Cafe forum for new and upcoming distro's (I understand we have the "other linux" forums but I mean like a monthly change for the newest distros, an individual forum like 2 or 3)

Beans

The only thing that needs work is the english support but that will come as more Enlgish speaking users begin to use it, after that all the peices will fall into place much like it did for ubuntu. I've been thinking though, why not start an Ubuntu Cafe forum for new and upcoming distro's (I understand we have the "other linux" forums but I mean like a monthly change for the newest distros, an individual forum like 2 or 3)
    great idea I will pass your idea on

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yozef View Post
    great idea I will pass your idea on
    Your request has been posted in the moderator forum...now it is just up to Ubuntu-Geek to implement it when he adopts new forum changes here...soon.

Now back on topic?....oh yes.....SUSE vs Ubuntu

Sorry but SUSE isn't even in the same ballfield,...not to knock SUSE...it's just a fine example of overworked bloat that doesn't work to optimal performance IMO

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the FWD. I'm beginning to agree with you on the way SuSE is the more I use it the more I dislike it, it was good at first, but maybe that's because I used M$ for most of my life

Beans

Thanks for the FWD. I'm beginning to agree with you on the way SuSE is the more I use it the more I dislike it, it was good at first, but maybe that's because I used M$ for most of my life
    SUSE is way better then MS

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast