Thread: Music Library sync with Android

Beans

Music Library sync with Android

Hi

I found a few old threads about this, but none of them had any concise answers, so I guess I'll ask again. I have a feeling the answer may be no, but I'll ask anyway.

Is there any way to get a program like Banshee or Rhythmbox (or any simmilar Ubuntu program) to fully sync (I mean play counts, playlists, artwork, smart-playlists, etc) with an Android device?

The only reason I still occasionally boot into Windows is in order to use iTunes and iSyncr to perform this task with my Android devices.

If Ubuntu had a good music library app that could do a real, iTunes-like sync with Android, that would be really nice.

Just repeating again: I mean with playlists, playcounts and everything like that.

Love!

Beans

Re: Music Library sync with Android

I've spend a crazy amount of time trying to get Android+Ubuntu to do in 2016 what iPod+iTunes could do in 2003. It is ridiculous how hard, or impossible, this is. No amount of .is_audio_player files or restarting rhythmbox or setting MTP properties has made a lick of difference.

Rhythmbox will, sometimes, if I treat it gently enough, sync songs and playlists to my Android device's internal memory -- which COMPLETELY USELESS because obviously the music needs to go to the external SD card, an option which is totally absent. I'm at my wit's end trying to accept the idea that every single Ubuntu user in the world has happily accepted the inability to sync music to their pods.

Beans

Re: Music Library sync with Android

Yes, I agree. I find that this is a function that millions of users would wish for (I would even be willing to pay a one time amount for it), so I find it odd that it doesn't exist yet.

Personally I ditched Linux and made my laptop into a Hackintosh, and it was mainly because I wanted this sync functionality. (I use iTunes, Android, iSyncr and Rocket Player now, and it works beautifully.)

I'll be happy to return to the FOSS world one day, but only when a proper music sync software is in existence. And I don't like cloud based music services.
    Last edited by Fiksdal; March 16th, 2016 at 05:16 AM.