Thread: Intermittent WiFi w/ Ubuntu 14.04

Beans

Intermittent WiFi w/ Ubuntu 14.04

I have a dual boot with Win7 on one partition and Ubuntu on the other. I boot up into Ubuntu 99% of the time, this weekend I booted into windows and there were 43 updates that were run. Since this has happened I am finding it takes a lot of time for Ubuntu to lockup to my WiFi, on the windows side it locks up immediately. So far I have had to reboot my router and after a few tries it locks up and everything is fine. Are there any tools to see where Ubuntu is struggling? I have three different SSIDs in the home for extensions and the problem is exhibited on all of them.

Can anyone help me how I isolate the problem to troubleshot?

Also, can a windows update push new firmware to my wifi and this is the reason why I am having th problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Intermittent WiFi w/ Ubuntu 14.04

I ran into the same thing on my parents' laptop that dual boots Windows 10. The only way I found to solve it was to buy this USB wifi dongle that doesn't use any proprietary software. $25 from ThinkPenguin.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Intermittent WiFi w/ Ubuntu 14.04

Moved to Networking & Wireless
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.