Thread: Ubuntu Software Centre captcha - how to work around.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Ubuntu Software Centre captcha - how to work around.

Ubuntu Software Centre captcha - how to work around.

If you see this window in Ubuntu Software Centre (click on the thumbnail to view image):

captcha.png

And if you already have an Ubuntu One account, simply click on the “Log-in with my exisiting account” link, and you will be taken to this window (click on the thumbnail to view image):

captcha2.png

Where you will be able to log into your Ubuntu One account and continue to use whichever Software Centre service requires login. If you are logged into the forum, you already have an Ubuntu One account, so you will be able to use the login credentials that you used in the Ubuntu One login page for the forum.

If you are a guest viewing this thread and do not have an Ubuntu One account, you can go to this link to create your Ubuntu One account without the inconvenience of a captcha:

https://login.ubuntu.com/

You will then be able to use the “Log-in with my existing account” link in the Software Centre.

Footnote: The volunteer forum staff agree that the captcha currently used in the Software Centre is near-impossible, if not completely impossible, and needs attention. Since we do not administer Ubuntu One, there is nothing we can do about it.
    Last edited by coffeecat; August 7th, 2015 at 11:02 AM.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.