Thread: Windows 10 and easybcd and Grub

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Windows 10 and easybcd and Grub

Hi,

My win 7 netbook has popped up with the upgrade icon and compatibilty report checks out ok.
    (Acer 1410 64bit, 2 gig mem, Intel celeron CPU 743 @1.3GHz)

It's setup to dual boot Ubuntu which I use 99% of the time. Dual boots using Easybcd, set up when I got it I as didnt want any warranty issues.

So if I upgrade to 10 am I better leaving as is or replace Easybcd with Grub.

Cheers.

Beans

Re: Windows 10 and easybcd and Grub

You might start reading about UEFI as newer systems for windows and Linux use it to boot. It's still possible to use the older MBR system to boot and you should have that option during the install, at least you will with Ubuntu? I've seen a number of posts here and elsewhere of people who have done the upgrade and it has overwritten their boot files. Not sure how it will affect EasyBCD? You might check the neosmart web site for info as to how it will work with windows 10.

Beans
    Distro

Yeah cheers. No uefi here mines an old ish laptop. It's an upgrade too so I'll see if I can find more info from neosmart.

Beans
    Distro

Update. Did some research and updated easybcd to the latest version. Let the win 10 update run.

All fine and still dual booting. Win 10 runs fine too. No issues at all.