Thread: Problem Connecting to WIFI on 14.04.2 LTS HPG60.WIFI enabled but no available networ

Beans

Problem Connecting to WIFI on 14.04.2 LTS HPG60.WIFI enabled but no available networ

Hello community!

First i want to say that i am new to Ubuntu and also new to forums.So i am not very experienced but i can see you guys are amazing community.I have tried to find the solution for my problem using this forum and google search but no luck.

I have Wireless Script attached so if there is anybody willing to help that would be nice.

Also Wifi hard switch button is ON and i can connect the wifi using other computer,phone and tablet except this one which is connected via cable at the moment.

Thank you in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Markony; July 28th, 2015 at 12:22 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Problem Connecting to WIFI on 14.04.2 LTS HPG60.WIFI enabled but no available net

Hi,

try these module parameters for this driver:
    Code:
    echo "options ath5k nohwcrypt=1" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/ath5k.conf
    sudo modprobe -rfv ath5k
    sudo modprobe -v ath5k
    Obviously, your country code (US ?) allows 11 channels only. On which channel does the router send?

Beans

Re: Problem Connecting to WIFI on 14.04.2 LTS HPG60.WIFI enabled but no available net

Hi praseodym,

thank for your fast reply and for wanting to help.
    I just solved my problem by switching from Lubuntu 14.04. to LXLE distro.I dont know how that solved my problem but it works and i think i like it more at first glance.

I actually did tried that code and tried switching channels also with no luck

Thank you for your reply one more time.'

I guess this goes under solved.

Cheers