Thread: MEAN Stack on Ubuntu

Beans

MEAN Stack on Ubuntu

Looking for opinions. I run Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Am about to load the MEAN Stack (i.e. MongoDB, Express, Angular, and NodeJS) along with npm to write some software for myself and to force myself to learn some things that I don't have to do at work. Will also be running Sublime Text v3 and SublimeLinter. I'll want to use the latest stable versions of everything. That means I will probably not load from the apt-get repositories. Will use methods like nvm and 'npm install ... ' calls to get current versions.

My question is this:
    Is there a chance that the latest versions of these programs will work better on Ubuntu v15.04 than on my v14.04 LTS? Should I make a point to update Ubuntu first?

I would've updated to LTS next Spring otherwise.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: MEAN Stack on Ubuntu

Moved to server platforms
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

I'm confused. Why would I try to change someone's opinion? I'm genuinely looking for information and advice. Maybe someone knows something that I don't. I'm fishing for fair warnings. A lot of folks know more than me.

Willing to accept advice. Is there a good reason to upgrade?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You are mistaking a signature for a comment there, I believe. No need to comment that.

Anyway...the only problem I can think of is whether the requirements of the latest versions of everything are met with your current setup. If they are, there is no need to upgrade. If they are not...well, it depends. Some combination may work, although I would not be surprised if none of them did. Latest usually means latest of everything.