Thread: Keyboard of the lenovo Thinkpad X201 - Searching description - Mint Cinnamon

Beans

Keyboard of the lenovo Thinkpad X201 - Searching description - Mint Cinnamon

Dear all,

I bought a second hand Lenovo Thinkpad X201 (I5 M 560). I installed Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon on it. It is doing fine. I looked on Internet for an explanation of the keyboard. I found an Hardware Maintenance Manual (1) nothing else more interesting.

Where I can find a description of this keyboard?

I thank you for your answers.

Regards,

Jacques

(1) https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pu...43y6632_11.pdf

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Keyboard of the lenovo Thinkpad X201 - Searching description - Mint Cinnamon

Hi and welcome.

What do you mean by "explanation of this keyboard"?

Beans

Re: Keyboard of the lenovo Thinkpad X201 - Searching description - Mint Cinnamon

Thread moved to the "MINT" forum.

Beans

Thank you for this question Vladlenin5000.

I am for to be an expert. I am French. May be I did not use the exact word...

I am used to the Asus Eeepc 1005 HA keyboard or a to my desktop keyboard. And between them and this new keyboard they are many differences. Sure I can use my new computer without thinking to these differences but I would be happy to get the possibility to use it totally (with some "Linux" restrictions I guess).

I wonder if a user's guide or an "How to" exists somewhere.

I will look a little more on Lenovo's site. If I find I guess the explanations will be for Windows or Mac users.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The only difference between keyboards, besides regional layouts, has to do with special keys or combinations of keys. Some should work in Ubuntu/Linux; other might not.
    You should indeed obtain a manual for your specific model. It should be available at the Lenovo website.
    Galiza Nação!

Beans

Thanks. I will look.

Beans

Try going into settings->keyboard. Look under layout. There should be a long list. Try something that says 'asus'. I did the same with my acer laptop.

Beans

Thanks Rob, I will try.