Thread: Username change request

Beans

Username change request

Hi,

I would like my username changed to Enorah, or InTartifletteITrust if the first one is unavailable.

Side question : why not offer the possibility to choose or modify default username when creating an account via SSO login ?

Thanks !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Username change request

Quote Originally Posted by enorah78 View Post
    Side question : why not offer the possibility to choose or modify default username when creating an account via SSO login ?
    I can only assume that you didn't read this sticky, helpfully linked from the "Please read before SSO login" link at the top of the page before you logged in via Ubuntu One. It clearly states that if you un-tick your name in your Ubuntu One Personal Data Request page, the system uses the local part of the email to create a forum username. Which, since your Ubuntu One name is Enorah, this is what seems to have happened here - the system used the local part of your email address.

I have amended your forum name to Enorah.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    It clearly states that if you un-tick your name in your Ubuntu One Personal Data Request page, the system uses the local part of the email to create a forum username.
    I initially tried to create another Ubuntu One account with a different address and a different name that I left ticked, but it wasn't taken into account (in hindsight probably because it was too common) and I instead got stuck with the beginning of the local part of the email plus a number.
    Which is why I tried it the other way around with this one, thinking I read it wrong the first time.

Of course, it means that I now have to get rid of this other account (by posting a request from it, right ?)

To sum up, I'm an idiot, sorry and thanks !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Enorah View Post
    Of course, it means that I now have to get rid of this other account (by posting a request from it, right ?)...
    I have dealt with that account.