Thread: Google: "Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network."

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Google: "Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network."

I just started getting these messages using google search engine, I need to use captcha for the search to continue. The "Best answer: from google doesn't work. No malware. I use different OS's - windows, two linuxes, etc.

This just started. Anyone else have this issue?

Here's a link to fix the problem:
    https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/86640?rd=1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Google: "Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network."

No problem using google search using google chrome. I'm in So Cal as well. Perhaps you have a tracker or other malware in your browser. Try clearing your cache and if that doesn't work, the delete your profile.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

Re: Google: "Our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network."

Quote Originally Posted by VMC View Post
    I just started getting these messages using google search engine, I need to use captcha for the search to continue. ...
    I think I had something similar a long time ago. It happened when I used the "date" (?) option to search specifically for something I had posted a long time ago. I thought I could narrow things down but looks like Google got a bit suspicious. (Mostly, I find what I want in the first few hits on the first page itself.)

Do you have the problem with incognito mode or when using another Google account?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thanks for the reply. This happens on both Chrome on Windows 8, and Firefox on two different Ubuntu's. Since they don't share the same cache I don't think that's the issue.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I get exactly the same thing using Google scholar occasionally. I just fill in the captcha and continue. Sometimes it give me another captcha, and one time another, but I get there eventually.

It usually only happens to me for a short amount of time, then the captcha requirement with Google scholar disappears and everything is back to normal again. Hasn't happened for about five months.

Beans
    Hidden!

I used to do a little NetNanny help, and have been asked again to volunteer my time.
    But some of the links i was asked to check were always met with a captcha.
    Not knowing what the links would do or take me I found a spoofing agent for firefox witch would mask what ever I wanted
    Rotates complete browser profiles ( from real browsers / devices ) at a user defined time interval. It includes many extra privacy enhancing options
    I was always behind a VPN and a Proxy though!
    Worth a look https://addons.mozilla.org/EN-us/fir...agent-spoofer/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I found the problem!

It was in Windows 8, Chrome settings: ~/AptData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data/Default files.
    A malware program found 155 threats in "Web Data", and "Sync Extension Settings". I just deleted all those and reset Chrome to default settings.
    I had the use captcha one last time. Now it appears to be fixed.

I found it by just observing the network activity. I saw a flash of akamitecnologies web access. Further analysis led me to a virus/malware associated with that web access. I think akamitecnologies may be okay, but the malware was somehow piggybacked on it. At anyrate, its solved.

Beans

Hi guys. Does anyone knows what kind of traffic google considered as unusual?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Old thread closed.

@levan3, not sure your question is answerable in ubuntuforums, but you can try starting a new thread for it in the Cafe.