Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 ZaReason Zeto desktop PC

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: 2015 ZaReason Zeto desktop PC

If you have support requests, please ask them in the appropriate support area on a new thread with a title that describes you support request.

You do yourself no favours asking for support eleven posts deep on a thread in a non-support area that, to this point, has had nothing to do with your issue and with a title that doesn't reflect it. Thanks and good luck.

Beans

You should either look into cloud storage or a external HDD. Having all your files synced to a central place and only having what is necessary on each device is ideal. If you are going to have other users (Someone house sitting) I would suggest locking and encrypting all your personal files in your storage and having guest user accounts enabled with access to standard software. Partitions for guests is overboard, If its only one device then it is simple. My only concern is if someone uses my computer, I haven't really tested how accessible my games, document libraries, music, vacation photos ect.. are. Also what kind of damage someone could acciedentally do. Once I have my own backup working I am going to create another user and try to hack my way around my devices. It is pretty easy to gather files from another partition in my opinion, not everyone is me though or knows how to google the right questions.

To answer your question, true mobility will come in the form of micro SD's and cloud storage. There are ways to access your home system while abroad, it is something you would have to look into. I travel a few times a year and either in university or doing correspondence programs and need access to my files.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I already have CrashPlan+ monthly Family Plan. I am backing up my data to CrashPlan Central. I also have a Transcend StoreJet USB 3.0 2.0 TB MIL-STD certified portable, encrypted, rugged hard disk drive.

ZaReason has all of the parts to assemble and test my Zeto desktop PC. It should take them 3 - 4 days to test it and they will ship it to me. It should take 5 days to ship from California to New Jersey. So, I'm hoping it will be here on June 10th. I'm excited!

Beans
    Distro

After thinking about a second internal drive, I think that I will get a second 2.5" 7.00 mm (with 2.5 mm bracket) SATA-III 6 GB/s 1.0 TB solid state disk. I'm looking at the Samsung 850 EVO or the Crucial BX100 or MX100 to save on costs. I am also looking at Transcend Information 1 TB SSD which is probably what I will go with. I'm expecting significant price drops during December which is when I will be able to afford to get another 1 TB SSD. I contacted ZaReason to provide me with the parts necessary for my new 2015 Zeto desktop PC to install it. They should provide me with the power and data cables along with the mounting bracket.

1. http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Info...ywords=1tb+ssd

Beans
    Distro

I think that it would be best for me to get that 1 TB SSD. I'll be using it to store my SteamOS + GNU/Linux PC games so that I can play each one at a time as fast as possible. SSDs are incredibly durable, reliable, and fast compared to hard disk drives. This will allow me to download, install, and play many more SteamOS + GNU/Linux PC games in the long term future. I can use my Transcend StoreJet to save my personal user data which mostly consists of my media library. That stuff requires a lot of disk space and speed is not a concern. I like the Transcend Information products and I own two of them and they are fantastic. The specific Transcend 1.0 TB SSD features power loss protection which both the Samsung 850 EVO and the Crucial BX100 lack. It also features MLC NAND FLASH which is faster and more durable than TLC NAND FLASH. I'm expecting the price of a new Transcend SATA-III 6 GB/s 1.0 TB SSD to be around $349.99 USD or slightly less during December 2015. I'll probably order mine from Amazon on December 4th, 2015 when I have enough money in my PNC Bank standard checking account. I expect to get some cash from family and friends during the holidays to offset some of the cost of this product. This will be the fourth solid state disk that I currently own on two PCs.

I plan to purchase a couple of SteamOS + GNU/Linux PC games and DLCs for the ones that I already own during the Steam Holiday sale. This is the reason why I bought my new 2015 ZaReason Zeto desktop PC so that I can get full desktop PC performance at an affordable price. Now that I think about it, notebook PCs are substantially more expensive for less powerful PC hardware components compared to desktop PCs. This will be my first in eight years. I'm expecting it surpass my high expectations and I should be satisfied with it for the next four and half years. I may decide to upgrade the graphics card in the distant future, but this is not certain yet. Goodness knows that I'm stuck with the CPU and GPU on my Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P notebook PC forever. This is why most PC gamers use desktop PCs. The upgrade path is easier and it is more flexible and customizable. The costs are about the same, but the quality of each PC hardware component is substantially higher.

I think that the ZaReason Zeto desktop PC is perfect for me because it's a compact and small form factor PC that is quite powerful and it provides sufficient upgrade opportunities in the long term future. It is the near perfect GNU/Linux certified gaming desktop PC for those with a smaller budget or physical constraints. The reviews for this product have been glowing and ZaReason is a trusted company among the GNU/Linux community. Most of their products last several years with no major issues from most customers.

Beans

I don't know, I didn't read all the long posts but it seems that you are loaded. Got any 2nd hand laptop you want to give away or sell at a low price?

Beans
    Distro

That's funny and I took it the right way. No, I'm not giving away any PCs soon.

Beans
    Distro

My ZaReason Zeto desktop PC comes tomorrow. I do plan to give away my Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P notebook PC to my close friend Robert W. next Tuesday.

Beans
    Distro

I just ordered a new Logitech G710+ illuminated mechanical USB 2.0 keyboard from Amazon. It will be delivered tomorrow.

My ZaReason Zeto desktop PC system will be delivered today by 8 PM EST.

I'm super excited!

I have a couple of hours worth of reinstalling Ubuntu 14.04.2 64 bit LTS GNU/Linux to enable full-disk encryption, my favorite software applications, my personal user data, and my SteamOS + GNU/Linux PC games. It should take me roughly five hours to complete.

My friend Robert W. may be coming either this evening or tomorrow. We'll help each other out. He'll get his Lenovo IdeaPad Y510P notebook PC and a few accessories soon.

This is the first mid range GNU/Linux certified desktop PC that I purchased and owned in eight years.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Intel 4th generation "Haswell" Core i7-4790 3.60 - 4.0 GHz quad-core with Hyper Threading and Turbo Boost CPU
    16.00 GB DDR3 1,600 MHz RAM
    Crucial SATA-III 6 GB/s 256.00 GB solid state disk
    Slot loading CD-RW/DVD-RW drive
    Dual Gigabit Ethernet + 802.11 dual-band AC/B/G/N Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 4.0
    nVidia Geforce GTX 970 with 4.0 GB GDDR5 video RAM GPU
    500 watt 80 Plus Gold power supply
    ASUS LED 22" 1920 X 1080P monitor
    Plus optional bits and pieces

Mid-range? Love to see top of the range ...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast