Thread: ACPI -pcc probe failed

Beans

ACPI -pcc probe failed

Hi, I upgraded Kubuntu 14.10 to 15.04. Immediately upon boot I get the message, "1.187108 ACPI -pcc probe failed." The boot continues, but then stops. If I boot into the restore mode, have Kubuntu check and repair all files, I can then continue the boot normally, and all is well.

Any way to stop this?

Thanks, Ray

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: ACPI -pcc probe failed

that is a new kernel feature comment; so your mobo does not support it; nothing to worry about, take it as simple info.

Beans

Unfortunately it is more than simple info; my pc will not boot into Kubuntu unless I repeat all the steps above. I need for it to boot correctly without having to repair all the files each time I turn on my pc.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

it cant be caused by that pcc thing
    glance at your logs (journalctl) to know what goes wrong (red lines into journalctl, but again ppc is not to blame)

Beans

Hi, thanks for that info. I'm not an expert in Ubuntu. How do I access the journalctl? Also, I cannot install Clam, which appeared to be the only failure during the upgrade. I uninstalled it then tried to reinstall it, but could not. It says a file doesn't exist (sorry, I'm at a different pc and don't remember what file it was). But I checked, and the file does exist. In any case, I cannot boot correctly even after uninstalling Clam.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

i'm not a kubuntu user as it have more issues still not fixed compared to ubuntu; and both the qt5 version and plasma are quite new, so expected problems.

from a terminal: sudo journalctl

Beans

Thank you for your help. I'll check the file ASAP to see if I can find (and hopefully fix) the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi

ACPI -ppc probe failed
    As dino99 said, this is a new kernel feature in 3.19 kernels and higher. It should not cause you any problem.

The kernel is probing ACPI, looking for the "Platforms communication channel" interface. This is a new ACPI interface and not much hardware currently supports it.

I get this warning under the 4.0 kernel as ACPI on this laptop also does not support it.

Code:
    matthew-laptop:/home/matthew:2 % uname -r && dmesg | grep PCC
    4.0.0-040000-generic
    [    0.716077] PCCT header not found.
    matthew-laptop:/home/matthew:2 %
    For those so inclined, the acpi5.0a specification can be downloaded from the website acpi.info, however, as always, drink plenty of water as it's a pretty dry read.

Kind regards
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans

i change the drive of my videocard to a privative drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4A...ew?usp=sharing
    Now the problem is fixed