Thread: no pptp vpn will work, how to reset pptp vpn?

Beans

no pptp vpn will work, how to reset pptp vpn?

Ubuntu 14.04 64bit
    network manager
    vpn connections

I have used different pptp vpn providers. You enter server, username and password. From time to time the pptp vpn works. Now none of them works.
    I have deleted all pptp vpn connections in the network manager. Can I somehow make a complete reset of everything about the pptp? Are there files I can remove?
    Can it be something about the 802.11 wifi connections between the computer and the router
    device? Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: no pptp vpn will work, how to reset pptp vpn?

Do you have any network issues?
    When you deleted all the profiles in network manager, you should be good if everything else is running fine.
    [signature]
    Please format your posts and comments -> click me

Please mark your thread as solved if
    you got a satisfactory response.
    [/signature]

Beans

My router pc connection is fine, both wifi and lan cable. I am not aware that I have made some new settings that should stop pptp from connecting.

If I fx use vpnbook the pptp vpn option, it will not work. I got one us open vpn to work, if run in terminal. Therefore it could be some error in a file in the network manager. To my knowledge the network manager files are located in etc/ppp. I do not know about the files and if any, I can remove.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well if you don't have any network issues I would just leave everything like it is.
    If you wanna be sure you could uninstall the network-manager at all which hopefully also deletes all the profiles you created and then reinstall it.
    But you gotta be fit in handling /etc/network/interfaces file then, so be careful about that.
    [signature]
    Please format your posts and comments -> click me

Please mark your thread as solved if
    you got a satisfactory response.
    [/signature]