Thread: 'Beta' testing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

'Beta' testing

I just installed the daily build from yesterday (29 March) which I take it is the 'Beta' (I read it on LXer or something), whatever that really means in the current way of doing things. Anyway, I've been having all kinds of problems with builds for the past couple of weeks - just getting the installer to boot for a start.

Well, today, the installation went flawlessly, and I am finding this build to be very fast, very stable, very nice!

So I guess that the 'flavors' have a build that they call a Beta. My question: is there a big attempt to clean things up and release a special build on that day, or is it just another day's build? In any case, the 29 March build of Ubuntu Gnome is a beauty.

Beans

Re: 'Beta' testing

I installed a beta (daily) same day as you. Installation worked and I had ubuntu-gnome running. Today 2.april there were some updates (don't know if my problem related to the updates) after a reboot I can't get into ubuntu-gnome. Grub is coming up (I've a dual install with windows) and if I choose ubuntu I see the gnome foot and 3 blinking dots or only a grey screen. Thats all. I used 64bit efi install before. So I tried the old iso-dvd of my successful install some days before for making a fresh install. Only came to the foot with 3 dots. Downloaded and burnt a new iso of today, same result: foot and 3 dots. I've no idea what to do. Anyone experienced the same or similar problem?
    Edit: I can't get in a live session with none of the two isos only get foot...

64bit efi intel i7 8GB RAM
    Last edited by orj-gmail; April 2nd, 2015 at 08:20 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 'Beta' testing

Quote Originally Posted by orj-gmail View Post
    I installed a beta (daily) same day as you. Installation worked and I had ubuntu-gnome running. Today 2.april there were some updates (don't know if my problem related to the updates) after a reboot I can't get into ubuntu-gnome. Grub is coming up (I've a dual install with windows) and if I choose ubuntu I see the gnome foot and 3 blinking dots or only a grey screen. Thats all. I used 64bit efi install before. So I tried the old iso-dvd of my successful install some days before for making a fresh install. Only came to the foot with 3 dots. Downloaded and burnt a new iso of today, same result: foot and 3 dots. I've no idea what to do. Anyone experienced the same or similar problem?
    Edit: I can't get in a live session with none of the two isos only get foot...

64bit efi intel i7 8GB RAM
    See my reply in your thread.