Thread: MySql does not work after restart for some time

Beans

MySql does not work after restart for some time

I am using Mysql version 5.6.19 on Ubuntu 14.04.1
    I have a peculiar problem on my server. When I restart the server mysql takes around 150-200% CPU when I use the "top" command in Linux some time(around 60 to 90 minutes) with no users on the website. I am not able to connect to my website during this time.
    After 60 -90 minutes approximately the the CPU usage of mysql come down in the range of 20-40% automatically and then I can connect to my website.
    I used to run Mysql version 5.5 before. I have upgraded it to version 5.6 today and I still have the same problem.
    But after upgrading to Mysql 5.6 yesterday, Mysql is showing cpu usage of 150-200% and website is not running for the last 48 hours.

My website is hosted on Digital Ocean.
    Please let me know how to fix this problem.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Re: MySql does not work after restart for some time

I don't know, i am not using mysql. But from the top of my memory, i recall, that all RDBMS start off by playing back the transaction log - if necessary -. Has there been a hard shutdown/power failure recently? can you consolidate manually and make sure to shutdown in a clean way? you might want to have a look at the size of the logs as well.

Beans

Re: MySql does not work after restart for some time

Try dumping the database with the mysqldump command, then remove and re-install MySQL and reload the database from the backup.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users