Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 2nd Gen with Ubuntu 14.04

Beans

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 2nd Gen with Ubuntu 14.04

Hi. How did you go about installing this on Arch? I've got Antergos Gnome and Manjaro Xfce installs to play with! As well as Mint Xfce. I found the same with the stylus naming in Antergos, but not in Manjaro, with another set of scripts. For the record, autorotate worked with those: https://github.com/admiralakber/thinkpad-yoga-scripts
    (Actually, maybe it didn't for the tent/tablet change, will check)

Quote Originally Posted by cheflo View Post
    I am on Arch with Gnome now and the experience is pretty much the same as on Ubuntu. For spin, I had to remove "stylus" from the end of line 393 as the name of the pen in xinput is "Wacom ISDv4 EC Pen" for me. I can also not get the autorotation to work, but I don't mind that (I think it was something with acpi display_position_change being an unknwon command, your github fork doesn't allow opening new issues so I couldn't comment there).
    Last edited by Rob_Johnson; February 10th, 2016 at 04:19 PM.

Beans

Hey, I am using Antegros as well! I view it almost as an Arch installer, since all the repos are the normal Arch ones + one extra from the Antegros team, unlike Manjora where they have their own repos (which I actually think is advantageous due to the lower probability of breaking from updates, but I had some troubles with dual boot in Manjaro and I prefer Gnome to KDE). Antegros has been working smoothly since I changed lightdm for gdm and installed a few essentials packages for an improved desktop experience (Put Windows gnome extensions, jumpapp application launcher and fixed the font rendering as described in a post in the Manjaro forum).

Come to think about it, there is one problem with the touchscreen - If I use the pen or the mouse in combination with touching the screen at the same time, the OS will freeze for several seconds. I barely use touch, so I just turn it off and use either the pen or the mouse. Impeccable "palm rejection" is a nice side effect =) I never got spin to work perfectly, and I don't use it right now, but the palm rejection worked with the tweaks I listed earlier, although it outputs a few error messages.
    Last edited by cheflo; February 11th, 2016 at 03:07 AM.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 2nd Gen with Ubuntu 14.04

Quote Originally Posted by ragtag View Post
    I've written a longish blogpost about how to configure the ThinkPad Yoga 12, under Ubuntu 15.10 here. http://ragnarb.com/configuring-think...-ubuntu-15-10/

I hope you find it usefull.
    Thank you very much, I have found this to be very helpful indeed.
    I love Lenovo's X series, I have had 6 of them. I thought it was time to change things up and I switched to the S2 Yoga 12 and without this post I would have lost my beloved Ubuntu.

Beans

Hi, I am considering buying a 2nd gen ThinkPad yoga (i5, 8GB RAM) to be used as a Linux-only machine. Before buying I'd like to know what are the issues (if any) related to the hardware support. Before this laptop, I tried with an Asus X205TA which is still quite problematic (no sound/random freezes/bluetooth not working), so I feel I have to be pretty cautious before buying a new laptop.
    By reading on the forums looks everything is OK with this one, am I right?
    Both the basic stuff (Video/audio/wireless/sleep/hibernate/power management) and laptop-specific ones (touchscreen/digitizer/tablet mode) are working?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123