Thread: Trusty Tahr BTRFS Multi Disk Installation

Hybrid View

Beans

Trusty Tahr BTRFS Multi Disk Installation

Can the Trusty Tahr installer perform multi disk BTRFS installations? /dev/sda will hold 1 partition formated as BTRFS and mounted as /. Grub will be installed on /dev/sda using 10 GB unpartitioned space at the beginning of the disk. Swap will mount on a mdadm RAID1 array somewhere else. Ultimately, /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc will each hold 2 partitions configured as BTRFS RAID 0 and RAID 1 devices mounted as /exports and /svr respectively. Can I accomplish this from within the installer? If not, should I limit my use of the installer to pre-partition /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc or can I also configure the file systems as BTRFS and mount /exports and /svr as not RAID arrays on ,say, /dev/sdb? In this scenario, the RAID conversion would be a post installation procedure.

Does the answer change if I add a separate ext2 partition to /dev/sda to mount /boot?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Trusty Tahr BTRFS Multi Disk Installation

i use BTRFS but i keep the system in separate partitions as i have done since ye old mainframe days
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer