Thread: Keyboard Shortcuts

Beans

Keyboard Shortcuts

I am always copying and pasting and in Windows it was just Ctrl + C/V. In ubuntu mine is Right Ctrl + C/V. How can I change this to left control?

Beans

Re: Need help with Keyboard Shortcuts

This is a first for me. Most standard Windows keyboard shortcuts have worked fine for me in Ubuntu, left and right CTRL. What's your hardware setup and what version of Ubuntu (and is it regular Ubuntu or a spinoff such as Mint or Kubuntu?) are you using? I don't know if I can help you, but if you include that information it might make it easier for someone else to figure this out.

P.S. I know this is a dumb question, but is this a Lenovo computer that you just started using? For some perverse reason they switched the Fn and CTRL keys on their Thinkpads, so you might be pressing the Fn key while you think you're hitting the CTRL key.
    Last edited by Bill Tetzeli; March 7th, 2015 at 06:05 PM.

Beans

Mine is Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. It was working normal with the Left Ctrl. Now its not. And No, it's not a Lenovo. It's an Asus.
    Last edited by Layne_Trout; March 7th, 2015 at 06:10 PM.

Beans

SOLVED!! I used the Left Ctrl as my Compose key, so it was overriding the copy/paste,etc function.