Thread: Warcraft 3

Beans

Warcraft 3

Ok so I heard that warcraft 3 works perfect under wine so I decided to give it a shot, I got the latest version of wine by the way, anyways I install it flawless and perfect, but when I try to run it tells me to put cd in cd drive but it is in disk drive, how can I get around this.

Beans

Re: Warcraft 3

Quote Originally Posted by Icon41 View Post
    Ok so I heard that warcraft 3 works perfect under wine so I decided to give it a shot, I got the latest version of wine by the way, anyways I install it flawless and perfect, but when I try to run it tells me to put cd in cd drive but it is in disk drive, how can I get around this.
    Ok, this what you have to do.

The CD copy protection used by some windows games is not supported by WINE, so what i did, was use a no-cd crack (remeber that unless you have the original cd is legal to use those cracks) but it's a pain in the you-know-what everytime a patch is realeased wait for the crack.

Just google around becasue i think it's against the rules to provide link to crack/warez pages, so i'll let you look for it.

Also im not going to answer PM's for that topic. GL & HF!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

you need to find a no cd crake somewhere on the net...or search the forum...there's got to be a howto to this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

it should work without a no cd crack, did u install wine from the wine repos or the standard dapper one?
    install wine from http://www.winehq.com/site/download-deb
    then run winecfg and add your cd drives to its setup and it should run without a crack

its a later version of wine and it supports the copy protection.
    Last edited by Hairy_Palms; August 1st, 2006 at 12:48 PM.
    Jeremy Clarkson - "A Dazzling Hero of Political Incorrectness"
    My LastFM profile
    want to Give each GTK program its own theme? well look Here

Beans

i had the same problem with starcraft. run winecfg in your console and klick on the drivers tab. there you have to autodedect your drivers. furthermore klick on your cdrom device (/media/cdrom0 ore something like that) and make it a "CD ROM" (by default its locale harddrive)

then the game should recognize your cdrom drive!

hope it helps

i don't know wether you need a workaround of the cd protection, but i don't think so! definetly a no cd crack isn't neccesarily but might help though.
    Last edited by ex00r; August 1st, 2006 at 06:30 PM.