Thread: configuring filezilla fails :: establishing a connection with SFTP fails all the time

Beans

Cool configuring filezilla fails :: establishing a connection with SFTP fails all the time

hello and good evening dear Ubuntu-experts and fans,

well i am struggling with the set up of FileZilla. Though it runs well on two other notebooks i stuggle to configure it on the third notebook.

what happens: now i did a fresh installation on a third notebook -
    i installed opensuse 13.2 and then filezilla: all was totally fresh installed

I added a key - and subsequently i wanted to try the whole thing:

i want to do a connectino via a sftp-way.
    therefore i added the pub-key. - the one that is used on the other notebooks also

but i cannot establish a connection to the server.

afterwards i tried to run a configuration-test. the test that finally estabishes a connection to the filezilla-server.
    this faield

why - what can i do now!? I need your help right now

love to hear from you

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: configuring filezilla fails :: establishing a connection with SFTP fails all the

Yet again - tech support request, not a Cafe thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dilbert_one View Post
    i installed opensuse 13.2 and then filezilla: all was totally fresh installed
    Thread moved to openSUSE and SUSE Linux Enterprise.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Re: configuring filezilla fails :: establishing a connection with SFTP fails all the

Do you have root access to the target host?

If so,
    ssh to the target host in the usual manner and get root, then issue this command from c-line.
    echo "MaxAuthTries 10" >> /etc/ssh/sshd_config; service ssh restart.

If no root access contact the sysadmin and ask them to do it.

"Configuration Test" What's that and how does that work?
    Windows assumes the user is an idiot.
    Linux demands proof.