Thread: Unity WebApp for Gmail and Unity WebApp for LiveMail - bouth out of date - why?

Beans

Unity WebApp for Gmail and Unity WebApp for LiveMail - bouth out of date - why?

Hi,
    using Ubuntu 14.04 I started Ubuntu Software Center and searched for:
    unity webapp for gmail
    and installed application. Then searched for:
    unity webapp for livemail
    and installed application.

Now I have added both applications for Gmail and Hotmail (=livemail) to Launcher and when I click on Gmail program to launch, application starts, but Google at top of browser displays warning: "This version of Safari is no longer supported. Please upgrade to supported browsers. Dismiss" --> annoying, I need to click Dismiss.

When Livemail program is launched similar story but this time "Please upgrade your browser" window opens and I need to explicitly click on "continue to your inbox".

It looks like this two applications are not up to date. How to install the latest version, to stop nagging me about update?

Another question: It is not possible to copy/paste from this two applications to some other application. How to enable copy/paste?
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Unity WebApp for Gmail and Unity WebApp for LiveMail - bouth out of date - why?

I just installed a couple of WebApps for the first time today, and this bit me. I just opened bug #1311636 for it. If you want to register that it affects you, feel free to sign into Launchpad and click the little pencil next to the "This bug affects x people" and click "This affects me too."

If you have a sense for when the message first appeared, you might leave a comment saying so. That might possibly be helpful for getting it fixed.