Thread: Problems getting any Second Life Viewer to Work

Beans

Problems getting any Second Life Viewer to Work

I've been having repeated and severe problems with not one program, but several. If anyone could help me understand what might be going on, I would really appreciate it.

I am currently running Ubuntu 14, the latest release. I have been attempting to connect to Second Life, and I have installed the main propietary viewer.

The first time I ran it, it worked correctly. I signed off. When I used the viewer again the next day, the entire viewer screen was unreadable garbase, including the upper bar part of it. I reloaded multiple times with no luck.

I then moved to Phoenix Firestorm, another viewer which should work. The first time, everythign was fine. The second time I ran it, the screen was unreadable garbage. I tried to figure out what was wrong and reinstalled. No luck.

I have done the same with a viewer called Alchemy, and another called Imprudence. Both worked the first time, and then the viewer became unreadable garbage the second time and every time afterwords.

I attempted to install another partition with Linux Mint. I created the Linux Mint partition, but for some reason the boot routine isn't located. I went to the extreme option of attempting to edit the partitions, but that isn't working either.

I am disabled and unable to get out of my house to speak to anyone. I can go for weeks or months without any human contact whatsoever if I don't use second life to speak with people. This is my lifeline to speaking with people. I don't have any other way. This is it. I have to fix this.

Beans

Re: Problems getting any Second Life Viewer to Work

First: what video card do you have and have you installed the official drivers for your video card?

Second: I use the Singularity viewer and it works perfectly for me. If you have a 64-bit system, install the 64-bit viewer.

http://www.singularityviewer.org/
    Ubuntu 16.04 x64, Core i7 4770k, 8Gb RAM, Nvidia Gtx 650, Sandisk Extreme 120 SSD.

https://reddingcomputer.wordpress.com/