ok i was boblizar here for a while... i wanted to give portage a whirl.... i went to the gentoo community for a while and started to learn wiki syntax... its been a good adventure but alas i had to move on, the community was simply way too toxic. trolls had taken over gentoo, barring danniel robbins, gentoo's creator, access to systems to fix things. drobbins had financial problems a few years into gentoo and had to get a 9 to 5 job. a few years later he's returned to finish the job.... he seen the trolling and problems the community had accumulated so he started funtoo.

funtoo.org is mainly powered by a mediawiki page and most things have outstanding documentation. i even use ubuntu to install funtoo! the main selling point of funtoo to me is that it can strip down binaries to reduce attack surface at compile time. funtoo's up there for me on the distro list.... its not a super easy distro to work with, but its secure and the people are very knowledgeable friendly and helpful.

i suggest everyone wishing to learn about linux try funtoo.... http://www.funtoo.org/Welcome