Thread: nm applet no longer shows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

nm applet no longer shows

This disappeared after the last update. I'm still connected on my thinkpad but I can't seem to launch nm-applet or whatever it's now called. Any workarounds known for this? I see a bug has been reported

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: nm applet no longer shows

Check if the NM is still started after login (autostart). Alternatively, create a starter for it and click it several times to see where it is shortly shown in the panel. If you click on that point afterwards the NM setting should be shown. If so, tick "activate network" then.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish

Quote Originally Posted by praseodym View Post
    Check if the NM is still started after login (autostart). Alternatively, create a starter for it and click it several times to see where it is shortly shown in the panel. If you click on that point afterwards the NM setting should be shown. If so, tick "activate network" then.
    It wasn't in autostart but adding it made no difference. Attempting to launch the applet from the terminal just returns this message

nm-applet-Message: using fallback from indicator to GtkStatusIcon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Ad a new starting panel there (don't know how to explain it in English, in German its "Benachrichtigungsfeld"). Sth. like notification panel?!