Page 4 of 218 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 2179

Thread: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Beans
    5

    Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

    Thanks for the info. I managed to use these 4.0RC3 kernel to successfully get a working WiFi.
    Now onto to sound card driver/module issue. Got exactly same problem as TheNightHawk. Tried to blacklist the snd_soc_sst_mfld_platform module and the laptop did not like it at all and refuse to complete booting until I had to get into recovery mode to undo the blacklisting. Will try this agian when I have some time.

    Just curious if anyone has managed to get laptop suspend/resume working yet.

    Lyre

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Beans
    29

    Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

    Hi,

    I've downloaded and installed a compiled kernel 4.0 RC3 from : http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-ker...ative-systems/ I've tried to build it myself a few time but it always failed for a reason that had to see with build tools versioning (it failed each time after 5h of building, kinda frustrating it was).

    I'd like to do some more testing and trials but I don't have much time the last week and it's not easy to explain to my girl friend that here laptop became a study object that is not available to her

    So, trials and results from other people are warmly welcome too ... To me, the most annoying is now the audio ... Mayb I should try to contact some specialists on kernel fora ...

    Cheers,
    Koen.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Beans
    9

    Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

    Hi lyre2005
    So to make wifi working, did you do following?:
    1. install 15.04 64bit daily build by lopaka's git linl
    2. install 4.0RC3
    3. ??? ( put sdio files?)
    Could you put it in step wise forms please?

    Regarding sound, Ubuntu T100 Google+ has info that next ALSA build may have support.


    Thanks
    Ravi


    Quote Originally Posted by lyre2005 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I managed to use these 4.0RC3 kernel to successfully get a working WiFi.
    Now onto to sound card driver/module issue. Got exactly same problem as TheNightHawk. Tried to blacklist the snd_soc_sst_mfld_platform module and the laptop did not like it at all and refuse to complete booting until I had to get into recovery mode to undo the blacklisting. Will try this agian when I have some time.

    Just curious if anyone has managed to get laptop suspend/resume working yet.

    Lyre

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Beans
    5

    Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

    You are right. I did follow the first 2 steps. Although my version of 15.04 daily build is from last week when I was tinkering with it. Not sure if the newer version on Ubuntu website is going to be very different or not.

    As for the wifi, the 15.04 daily build out of box does not have the built-in wifi chip Broadcom 43340 firmware files. That is why TheNighthawk file in his post #27 is very important.
    His file is a zip file containing the following files:

    - blacklist.conf
    - brcmfmac43340-sdio.bin
    - brcmfmac43340-sdio.txt
    - rclocal.txt

    * modify the file brcmfmac43340-sdio.txt for the entry that has line "macaddr=xxxxxxx" to match your own x205TA's MAC Address.(I wrote it down while it still had Windows 8.1 on it by look into the wireless connection property in Windows 8.1)

    * Deploy the 2 firmware files to the locations as root (or sudo) as
    /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43340-sdio.bin
    /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43340-sdio.txt
    These are the locations that the newer wireless driver for 43340 will try to load firmware from in the Linux 4.0 RC3 kernel.

    * Deploy blacklist.conf to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-custom.conf as root(or sudo)

    * Deploy rclocal.txt to /etc/rc.local as root (or sudo) and make sure it is executable.

    * Reboot

    Let me know if you need any help.

    Quote Originally Posted by raviarya View Post
    Hi lyre2005
    So to make wifi working, did you do following?:
    1. install 15.04 64bit daily build by lopaka's git linl
    2. install 4.0RC3
    3. ??? ( put sdio files?)
    Could you put it in step wise forms please?

    Regarding sound, Ubuntu T100 Google+ has info that next ALSA build may have support.


    Thanks
    Ravi

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Beans
    2

    Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

    I never tried, but regarding sound, there is a post that suggests we are missing files in linux-firmware:

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2254631

    edit: seems that this issue has already been fixed a while ago
    Last edited by krist0ph; March 22nd, 2015 at 07:54 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    33

    Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

    X205TA uses rt5648 and not rt5640. Unfortunately, as of next-20150323 I can not see any rt5648 related code in linux-next

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Beans
    7

    Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

    hi Kuci,
    where can i see that the codec is rt5648?
    on debian wiki it's 5640

    edit: i'm asking information @ realtek support
    Last edited by andrea61; March 23rd, 2015 at 06:42 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    33

    Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by andrea61 View Post
    hi Kuci,
    where can i see that the codec is rt5648?
    on debian wiki it's 5640

    edit: i'm asking information @ realtek support
    The device bus in mapped on my X205TA as i2c-10EC5648, which implies that there is rt5648 instead of rt5640. If there was rt5640, the bus would be mapped as i2c-10EC5640. Also, an error message from dmesg "sst-acpi 80860F28:00: No matching ASoC machine driver found" supports my assumption since I have built my kernel with rt5640 kernel modules. All in all, I guess somebody has to write a new driver for us.
    Last edited by Kuci; March 23rd, 2015 at 08:09 PM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Beans
    7

    Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

    Thank you for the explanation
    I can't find anything about rt5648 in the web
    I hope it's only an acpi 5 problem

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Beans
    33

    Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by andrea61 View Post
    Thank you for the explanation
    I can't find anything about rt5648 in the web
    I hope it's only an acpi 5 problem
    I doubt it. I think the debug message mentioned before made it clear. i2c, which is a PCI/ACPI driver, detects the card but is not able to find an ASoC driver for it.

    I might be wrong. However, right now this is the only explanation I can come up with.
    Last edited by Kuci; March 23rd, 2015 at 10:03 PM.

Page 4 of 218 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •