Results 2,171 to 2,179 of 2179

Thread: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by belamat View Post
    Hi RObin,

In my case I get them to work just adding a file and a line of code

Sound

There has recently been some success in getting the x205ta's Realtek RT5648 sound card working, including microphone support. The relevant patches are in Linux release 4.11 and later. Updated Alsa-lib's UCM files are available in alsa-lib-x205taAUR.
    In order to have working headphone jack (as of kernel 4.14) is it required to add an "options" line in any modprobe file
    /etc/modprobe.d/50-x205ta.conf options snd_soc_rt5645 quirk=0x31

Tested with manjaro kernel 5.9.16-1 and with linux Mx kernel 4.somethig
    Wow, thank you for this. This works! Weird I didn't find this ARCH page when googling this issue.
    There is no automatic detection of the headphone but I can switch them in the audio mixer, as described anyways.

Only thing I have, is that there is a very "squeaking" sound & noise when the headphones are plugged in. Do you have this as well? Do I need to configure something with alsa?
    Last edited by Robin_De_Bondt; March 1st, 2021 at 04:09 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yau-albert View Post
    This is the correct reason why Bluetooth works for me on 4.19 kernel but not any 5.x! My fix is to add a systemd service to set the Bluetooth device address. It works for me on Debian bullseye but I believe it also works for Ubuntu:

Add a file /etc/systemd/system/bluetooth-addr.service:
    HI Yau, how can I find the MAC address of my bluetooth?

Thanks.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Robin_De_Bondt View Post
    Wow, thank you for this. This works! Weird I didn't find this ARCH page when googling this issue.
    There is no automatic detection of the headphone but I can switch them in the audio mixer, as described anyways.

Only thing I have, is that there is a very "squeaking" sound & noise when the headphones are plugged in. Do you have this as well? Do I need to configure something with alsa?
    I wonder how that automatic detection of the headphones can be hard to fix, but probably it is since havent seen it as something possible in linux yet. Probably we could get some keyboard shortcut to launch a script that toggles between headphones and speaker.

Headphones in my system seems working good some small rare sounds when no sound but not always and very low and do not bother, anyway im with a bad headphones now so not a good reference mine

Beans

Did anyone had this kind of problem with 3d shaders?
    It happens not only in Blender, also in programs like Minecraft.

Tried to install some non free firmwares and intel-graphics support but cant get it to work fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

@belemat Are you using a Asus X205TA for Blender? Really?
    What's next? Competing in the 24-hours Le Mans with a 20 years old Citroën C1?

Now, regardless of what you're using, "frmwares" are unrelated to graphics subsystems and Intel graphics drivers are open-source, already installed and in use. Whatever you tried to install can ONLY makes things worse!

Beans

haha!! perhaps!

but sincerely it performs quite quite well now im in debian with this small graphic glich, but ive used it with manjaro and worked smoothly of course depending on the poly count, but could sculpt and work great with it

not shure how to fix this shader glitch and not finding some other with the same problem, it happened before on manjaro probably updating the kernel, so perhaps its something there, now in Debian im with 5.10.0-4-amd64

Beans

mmm ok thanks for clarifying that the problem is not of drivers and firmware,

so what could it be?
    kernel?

Beans

Well the problem was with kernel 5.10
    with 5.9 3d shaders ok

Beans

I'm in trouble, trying to install 20.04 LTS. I used harry's script to create an iso and used rufus to copy it to a usb drive. However no matter what I try it won't boot.

In the X205 bios I've disabled secure boot, enabled EHCI, on Rufus selected GPT partitition scheme for UEFI (non CSM) and formatted the drive FAT32, and getting nothing. Tried copying bootia32.efi to /EFI/boot and booted to an empty grub minimal bash, and that's as far I've gotten.

Edit: I've made progress since this, managed to boot by formatting the usb using Ubuntu's built in tool, had no luck with Rufus. Installed stock Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (install stopped midway with grub not being able to transfer the 32 bit efi file, tried again with the internet connected and it finished installing).

Out of the box on the stock Ubuntu 20.04 kernel everything except wifi, bluetooth, headphone jack output, and the fn+f7 button to blank the screen is working.

Fixed wifi by following harryharryharry's instructions, my efivars folder didn't have the nvram file so just used harry^3's bcm.txt file instead and am getting 5ghz wifi as a bonus.

Fixed bluetooth by following both harry^3's instructions as well as what yau-albert mentioned on the previous page.

As for sound, added the lines as instructed by harry^3 to the 50-x205ta.conf to get headphones working and added this line "set-sink-port 0 [Out] Speaker" to etc/pulse/default.pa so that it defaults to using the laptop speakers. You can hear static when using headphones and you still have to manually switch between the two using pulse audio volume control, but it's better than nothing. The internal microphone's working however it's not picking up the headphone microphone. My bluetooth headphones work great though, no static and sound output automatically switches. On calls though I'm not sure if it's using my bluetooth mic or the internal mic.

Fixed fn+f7 not blanking the screen by installing xbindkeys and putting this:
    "xset dpms force off"
    m:0x0 + c:253
    into .xbindkeysrc and adding xbindkeys to the .xinitrc

I've tested everything besides hdmi output (lost my micro hdmi cable), webcam's working, sd card's working, usb's working, trackpad's working and fingers crossed not getting any freezes yet (will do the intel cstate fix if it does). Basically besides the sound driver everything works on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, not bad for a $150 laptop. A couple years ago this laptop was becoming really slow with Windows so I tried to install Linux but not a lot worked then so I stowed it away in a drawer. Fast forward a few years and it's amazing how far native Linux support has come for this device. Hopefully in a couple more years the Realtek sound drivers get figured out. Many thanks to harryharryharry and everyone else that's still here.
    Last edited by traffor-3devil; 13 Hours Ago at 03:15 PM.

Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218