Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213
Results 2,121 to 2,123 of 2123

Thread: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by egorov-sand View Post
    One question: is it intentionally done so, that any iso's doesn't include i386-efi? So I can't install grub correctly! Install-grub shows "target doesn't specified". So I'm bored to death and still can't obtain Linux on my x205ta. Help!
    Welcome to our nightmare with this X205TA
    If I begin to install Linux on this computer for my daughter... I know that I will become creasy...
    Good luck.
    Please egorov, if you install Linux on this computer, and if all thing work correctly (WIFI, Bluetooth, touchpad, Freeze, speakers or headphones...) , so please, inform me !
    I am interested by Lubuntu, Xubuntu, LinuxMint.
    Many thanks.

Beans

Hi All,

I recently installed ubuntu 19.10. Mostly everything worked great out of the gate including sound. The one thing that didn't work was the headphone jack. I installed a kernel from this site and pulseaudio but after installing the kernel, chromium won't open and my battery indicator is missing. I've tried uninstalling using sudo ap-get remove kernel-5.3.7-sound-43.tar.xz and kernel-sound-64bit.tar and sound-kernel.sh but it says its unable to find/locate the package. I've also tried and uninstalling and reinstalling chromium but it still wont open and I've gotten this message"

"[5549:5549:1208/014329.615106:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(157)] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that /snap/chromium/958/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chrome-sandbox is owned by root and has mode 4755.
    Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)"

So I figure i need to remove the kernel I'm just unsure of how to do it. I can reinstall ubuntu but I'd rather leave that as a last resort and at this point i don't care if i cant plug in headphones, I'd rather have the other 2 work. Thanks for your help!

Beans

The linked topic with the custom kernel is old by now. You don't need to install any custom kernel to get a working headphone jack on Ubuntu 19.10. The only thing that I needed to do was to create the one-liner configuration file mentioned here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ASUS_x205ta#Sound (I rebooted afterwards.)

But the headphones have a strong background noise, you can even hear the cursor movements for some reason.

Has anyone found a solution to get clear audio on headphones? (It works on Windows.)
    Last edited by onthewayout; 2 Days Ago at 08:43 PM.

Page 213 of 213 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213