Page 206 of 206 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206
Results 2,051 to 2,053 of 2053

Thread: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Asus X205TA hardware support in Ubuntu

Yeah looks like the lmde installer tries to repartition two 4MB non-writable portions of the internal mmc which it should ignore completely.
    I definitely installed lmde before, so you could reattempt and stick to a standard layout with gparted, after removing all partitions:
    create partition 1 formatted as fat16 (~128mb; bootflags: boot & esp)
    create partition 2 formatted as ext4 (~256-512mb)
    create partition 3 formatted as ext4 with remaining disk space.

Then with the live-installer point:
    partition 1 to /boot/efi
    partition 2 to /boot
    partition 3 to /

After the installer is finished you can run my script:
    Code:
    sudo /root/install-grub.sh /dev/mmcblk1p3 #pointing it to root
    to (re)install grub.
    Script to create bootable usb-stick for the X205TA. Prebuilt kernel with sound support for X205TA. Guide to compile a kernel for the X205TA. Guides to install linux to X205TA: general or ubuntu

Beans

I installed your Debian image first to let it make the partition scheme, then installed LMDE I still had to manually select the partitions I installed grub to / and ran your script it's running fine now!

mmcblk1 29.1G disk
    ├─mmcblk1p1 512M part /boot/efi
    ├─mmcblk1p2 26.7G part /
    └─mmcblk1p3 2G part [SWAP]

mmcblk1boot0 4M disk
    mmcblk1boot1 4M disk
    So far I'm loving it! I did a upgrade & dist-upgrade do I still need to update the kernel to your pre-built kernel (kernel-4.19.2-sound-39) or is this not compatible with all distro's?

EDIT1: I updated to 4.19.2-sound-39 so it seems to be for all distro's.
    EDIT2: If I want to remove the old custom kernels how do I do this because apt-autoremove doens't do this, if I search for sound-37 I get a lot of hits.
    Last edited by denn1s-r; 5 Days Ago at 06:22 PM.

Beans

Yes, the kernel tarballs should work on any linux distro (kernels generally don't depend on distros). The only thing that needs to be generated locally is an initramfs image. Different distros use different commands for that. The script inside the tarball detects which command is available and uses it to generate an initramfs. If the script somehow isn't be able to generate an initramfs (it only looks for some of the most-used commands to create an initramfs), you could simply extract the tarball manually and use the initramfs-command that comes with your distro.

If you want to delete my kernels you can do so manually or with a script I made, both explained here.
    Script to create bootable usb-stick for the X205TA. Prebuilt kernel with sound support for X205TA. Guide to compile a kernel for the X205TA. Guides to install linux to X205TA: general or ubuntu

Page 206 of 206 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206