Thread: Ubuntu 14.10 mouse glitch

Beans

Unhappy Ubuntu 14.10 mouse glitch

I recently upgraded my Ubuntu installation from 14.04 to 14.10. I must admit that in the previous install I had a certain problem with the mouse pointer(it often disappears into the bottom half of the screen) but I ignored it. Today I upgraded over online to the latest version and the situation has worsened.

The mouse pointer is leaving trailing pointers everywhere which keep flickering. The area under the mouse pointer also gets distorted.

I am running Ubuntu 14.10 64-bit on HP Pavillion dv6 3123tx
    RAM: 1.8GB
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5650 1GB with onboard Intel Ironlake Mobile Graphics

Related to display drivers: I am using only the ones provided by Ubuntu default, I tried installing fglrx but it always breaks my desktop.

Please help.

UPDATE: The bottom half of the screen is fine. The top half has glitchy mouse pointers running everywhere.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Ubuntu 14.10 mouse glitch

It's a problem with your graphic card. Maybe you should change the graphics or try Lubuntu or Xubuntu desktop. (more lightweight)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by InterProg View Post
    It's a problem with your graphic card. Maybe you should change the graphics or try Lubuntu or Xubuntu desktop. (more lightweight)
    No it's a common issue across all flavors. By the way I fixed it. An extra display under System Settings->Display was causing the error. I disabled it. Now it's perfect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Quote Originally Posted by hari6 View Post
    No it's a common issue across all flavors. By the way I fixed it. An extra display under System Settings->Display was causing the error. I disabled it. Now it's perfect.
    Thanks for the update. I was having crazy mouse problems and weird left over shadows from closed windows. This fixed the issue. I am running a lenovo t410 with Intel GM45 graphics.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by hari6 View Post
    Thanks hari6! I had the same problem with my mouse and your solution worked! I appreciate you