Good morning,
I have the ideapad u430 touch:
i7 4510u
nvidia 730m
8gb ram

I have windows 8.1 installed, but want to run ubuntuGnome in dual boot

I managed to install ubuntugnome 14.04 in it, and to run it without issues the first times.
after installing it, i started following this steps : http://howtoubuntu.org/things-to-do-...04-trusty-tahr

At first I foud strange already that I couldnt just simply enable Partner Repositories, if I tried to tick/activate any of those 2, the window would just become all grey and not activating them...
Folowing the process and after installing all the other updates and upgrades, I then tried to install the additional drivers for the graphics card.

After rebooting, the screen would just hang on the ubuntugnome splash screen (right before log in)
(cannot take the battery out of the laptop, there was no button to reset the pc, pressing power button wouldn't turn off the pc - panic attack lol), then decided to just close the lid and open again, then, for brief moments I could see an error message saying

Code:
dpm_run_callback(): pnp_bus_resume+0x0/0xa0 returns -19
PM: Device 00:06 failed to resume: error -19
finaly I was able to rebbot the pc (pressing the novo button and the power button)
the error would happen avery time if I wanted to launch ubuntu...

at the error screen I was not able, or in any other moment, to pull the console.... so I'm not sure what else I could do.

Today I'll try to install the ubuntugnome 14.10 and see how it goes.... but it was realy strange.
I was able to install ubuntu 14.04 and lubuntu 14.04 and ubuntugnome 14.04 in an older laptop without any issue...

Would there be any reason why for:

1- not being able to enable partner repositores
2- getting that "Device 00:06 failed to resume: error -19"

Thank you