Thread: To connect to other computer

Beans

To connect to other computer

Hello all

Is it possible to connect to computer to computer or laptop to computer or computer raspberry pi?

What I have in mind is monitoring to use my laptop and raspberry using face detector to other computer/raspberry.

Is there like face detection sofware for linux?

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: To connect to other computer

Sure, you can hop from system to system to system to system using ssh. These are non-graphical connections. Any system you want to connect with just needs openssh-server running and network access to whatever port you've decided to run that on. This is fairly standard stuff for UNIX/Linux.

Don't know anything about face detection and permissions on any system will determine whether a webcam is accessible or not. Connecting face detection to login credentials is problematic for many reasons. Android tried this and it only works in very controlled situations. In a home environment, with nothing important, I might use it on a leaf system with ZERO permissions to any other systems in the house. That way, you can just provide any guests with a photo of yourself and they can gain access.

Fingerprints concern me more ... when someone takes a photo, they get my face and can walk away. I hope they just want an image of my finger print and don't want the real thing. ;( Don't get me thinking about iris-based authentication.

Beans

Solved: To connect to other computer

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Sure, you can hop from system to system to system to system using ssh. These are non-graphical connections. Any system you want to connect with just needs openssh-server running and network access to whatever port you've decided to run that on. This is fairly standard stuff for UNIX/Linux.

Don't know anything about face detection and permissions on any system will determine whether a webcam is accessible or not. Connecting face detection to login credentials is problematic for many reasons. Android tried this and it only works in very controlled situations. In a home environment, with nothing important, I might use it on a leaf system with ZERO permissions to any other systems in the house. That way, you can just provide any guests with a photo of yourself and they can gain access.

Fingerprints concern me more ... when someone takes a photo, they get my face and can walk away. I hope they just want an image of my finger print and don't want the real thing. ;( Don't get me thinking about iris-based authentication.
    Just thought something which maybe impossible
    Will try those though

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Solved: To connect to other computer

Check out gpg-agent and ssh-agent.

Beans

Re: Solved: To connect to other computer

Quote Originally Posted by TheFu View Post
    Check out gpg-agent and ssh-agent.
    will do

Beans

Re: To connect to other computer

You might want to look at OpenCV for the face detection --> http://docs.opencv.org/trunk/doc/py_...detection.html