Thread: Requesting re-open of Team United States - RI

Beans

Exclamation Requesting re-open of Team United States - RI

Hello and good day! I would like to bring back the RI Team. I plan on seeking out some team members and getting some things going. Thank you!

If anyone catches this post from RI shoot me a PM. This is a new account for me here, I did have a better standing a couple years ago in the Apple forum, I run a few different machines.

I specialize in hardware and OS installations, open source creativity like gimp, animation, video and audio editing and hold an associates degree in A/V Production, and I'm currently learning Android development and Java. Just interested to touch base with other 'buntu people round here.

Running 13.10 x86 straight buntu with xfce4.1 with many studio packages, soon I'll have a box for ubuntu 14.10 x64 for android and java development, and also LubuntuPPC 12.04 on some old iMacs. So I have a lot of general system experience. I have been in the game since end of the last century (omg that sounds weird even to me). Learned on redhat and debian going back to 1997ish? This community has evolved 1mil X since then. And glad it did.

Also a nintendo Wii Hacker, homebrew, usb, wiiMC, hard drive game loading, roms and emulation and I do it all from linux.

Oh yea, and I hate Windows and paying for software... OS X and I are still friends.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Requesting re-open of Team United States - RI

I suppose RI is for Rhode Island. If you look at the sub-forum, last post was from Sept 2008, last thread from May 2008, 8 threads total. The wiki page was last updated in Aug. 2008. The LP team lists 3 people. I'm not sure this team is really active.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]