Thread: Keyboard shortcut for input language doesn't work on Gnome shell

Beans

Keyboard shortcut for input language doesn't work on Gnome shell

I currently assume Ubuntu 14.04 64bit OS. I mostly use Gnome shell (GNOME Shell 3.10.4) which i installed (i didn't install the whole Gnome desktop package).

I recently noticed a problem in changing input languages. I have 2 languages installed and i have set the shortcuts from system settings(gnome)->Keyboard->Shortcuts as shown in the screenshot below:

The problem is that when i first login with Gnome shell all the shortcuts work great but after a couple of minutes when i open an application(eg. libre office, chromium) the shortcut Ctrl+Shift does only change to the next source and then it doesn't change back. No change in the panel is shown(my primary language is english and secondary french) it only shows "en" but i can type in french. I should also mention that the other two shortcuts are working perfect but there is no change in panel as well so i can't tell what language input is selected unless i type.

In Unity everything works except for the modifiers-only switch to next source which isn't shown in the Unity system settings so that's normal.

Is this a bug? Is there anyone else experiencing it?

Thanks in advance for your time.
    Last edited by user16; October 26th, 2014 at 06:09 PM.