Thread: Successful Ubuntu Server 14.04 32-Bit VM install

Beans

Lightbulb Successful Ubuntu Server 14.04 32-Bit VM install

First off, I am by no means a Linux Guru; but, I have recently come across a solution that may be useful to others.

I set out to create a V-box headless virtualization server on top of Ubuntu Server 14.04 (no GUI), after getting that build up and running I installed Oracle's VirtualBox application, then installed phpVirtualbox and dependacies to manage the system. After the installation was finalized I realized that I could only build VM's for 32-bit guests through phpVirtualbox. This caused a problem...... from my understanding and research Ubuntu Server 14.04 is only distributed as a 64-bit. So, I moved back to the latest 32-bit LTS version which was 12.04.5. After creating the VM I got the standard message screen stating the availability of the New 14.04 LTS..... So naturally I upgraded. Low and Behold, the system was updated with the "non-existant" Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS 32-bit. Aterward I configured the said VM as my main home file server. This is a VERY time consuming process but as far as I can tell it is the only way to get ahold of the software. If anyone does know of a stable copy of Ubuntu Server 14.04 32-bit, please let me know so I can get it in my tool box.

Happy Days

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Successful Ubuntu Server 14.04 32-Bit VM install

Ubuntu server 14.04 32 bit has always been available.
    There are a few places to find it.
    One is here: http://releases.ubuntu.com/14.04.1/
    On that list, see this one: http://releases.ubuntu.com/14.04.1/u...erver-i386.iso , but other download options are available.
    Any follow-up information on your issue would be appreciated. Please have the courtesy to report back.

Beans

Re: Successful Ubuntu Server 14.04 32-Bit VM install

Thank you very much, I dont know why I couldn't find this before..... must have been an off day lol, now that I have a fews 32 bit copy I can get some more Home servers up and running