Thread: Sound and Video Dilemma, AMD R9270X

Beans

Sound and Video Dilemma, AMD R9270X

I have a bit of a weird situation here. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 and my computer has an AMD R9270X (4GB) and I run my video and audio connection through an HDMI cable. My computer had issues with no sound so I tried every solution on Google I could find including reinstalling Alsa and Pulseaudio. I got my sound working after reinstalling the sound drivers (and I saw an extra option in my Sound Settings) and restarting my computer.

When I restarted my computer, though, the display was shrunk about 20% all the way around the monitor (didn't fill my screen) and it looked very pixelated. I tried reinstalling and changing around my video driver options to no avail so I decided to restart my computer.

When I restarted it, the sound stopped working again but the picture is back to perfect.

Pleas excuse my ignorance or stupidity on the matter. I'm new to Linux entirely and just barely learned how to navigate/create/delete directories through the terminal. Any help is greatly appreciated. I can provide whatever system info you may need.

Beans

Re: Sound and Video Dilemma AMD Video Card

Resolved.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Sound and Video Dilemma AMD Video Card

Can you please share how you fixed this?

I have that exact card and also want to use hdmi for sound.