Thread: Using Postfix to purely forward all incoming mails elsewhere

Beans

Using Postfix to purely forward all incoming mails elsewhere

Hiya,

I'm extremely new to this, so I apologise right now if I get any terminology totally wrong. OK, I have a VPS running Ubuntu 14.04 x64. Installed postfix with no problems and have followed loads of threads on how to use Postfix purely to get emails delivered to our already used gmail account. I've added email@mydomain.com myemail@gmail.com in the /etc/postfix/virtual file, restarted postfix service all lovely jubbly. I then added a new line with email2@mydomain.com myotheremail@gmail.com .... testing and nothing gets delivered. Log shows network is unreachable, so I found online some threads to say the issue is in IPv6, so, I added "inet_protocols=ipv4" in my /etc/postfx/main.cf file and restart postfix ... still nothing, but I don't get the 'network is unreachable'. My first email works fine still. I tried to add a wildcard in my virtual file and tested but nothing. I'm really frustrated as everyone says this should just work and it's not and I'm annoyed with myself as I pride myself in getting it fixed, but 3 days later I'm at a loss. If anyone can help I would be really grateful. If you need any more information on my config etc. more than happy to post on here....

When I get this fix, my plan is to then add another email2@mydomain.com myotheremail@yahoo.co.uk . Cheers.

Just to emphasise, i'm not wanting to use postfix as a mail server, I just want mails to forward to my current external accounts.

Thank you,
    Andy

Beans

Re: Using Postfix to purely forward all incoming mails elsewhere

OK, an addition to this ...

I've just made the destination email address the same on all 4 emails in my "virtual" file ... shop@mydomain.com, postmaster@mydomain.com, webmaster@mydomain.com and katey@mydomain.com (manager) ... to myemail@gmail.com and they have ALL come through, so why would they not come through another email address (gmail or yahoo?!) .... I'm probably missing the point?

Cheers,
    Andy